Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Wood Ranch - Los Angeles, CA


Located across the street from Wood Ranch is a Southern California barbecue-style chain.  The menu is pretty typical barbecue fare, including steaks, chicken, ribs, wings, burgers, baked potatoes, and any other items that belong in a man’s diet.  

Living across the street, I love the fact that there is a wing place (one of my favorite foods) in walking distance. Wood Ranch features a round bar with a number of TV’s making it a great place to catch happy hour or go to watch part of a game and grab a bite.  The prices are pretty standard for this type of food, but happy hour goes from 3-7 and features a good amount of appetizers and sliders.

Currently, I have tried four of the items on the menu, but hope to discover more as the restaurant lies within a quick walk.  The wings were pretty good, nice and meaty with a buffalo style sauce.  However, I personally found myself wishing that they were a little more wet and coated with sauce.  The BBQ Tri Tip Sliders featured their own brand of barbecue sauce and a fantastic roll.  However, I found myself wishing that there was a little more meat as the sliders were a little overpowered by the bread.  The Prime Top Sirloin was my favorite dish, a 10 ounce “baseball” cut, which I ordered with a baked potato and mac & cheese.  I ordered the steak medium and layered it with steak sauce, one of my favorite additions.  The perfectly cooked steak hit the spot and I would definitely order it again.

The Grove features many good dining options, and Wood Ranch is no different.  With the variety of restaurants offered in The Grove, the only decision making needed is what type of food you are in the mood for.

Food: 7.5
Atmosphere: 7
Price: 6
Overall: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment