Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Rok Sushi - Hermosa Beach, CA


Rok Sushi sits on the corner of Pier Avenue and Hermosa Avenue.  The spacious restaurant offers a trendy, modern atmosphere.  An expansive menu features numerous specialty rolls, many featuring avocado, some classic sushi offerings, pasta, appetizers and soups.  Even if not a sushi fan, there should be a little something for everyone at Rok Sushi.

I ordered the Surf & Turf Roll, a specialty roll with marinated steak, crab meat, and citrus wasabi.  The roll came with about 14 pieces, a sizable portion so keep that in mind when noticing the higher prices attached to the specialty rolls.  Although it was a unique concept and I normally love steak, I was not crazy about the roll being warm, so I think I will stick to sushi itself in the future.  Also, the citrus wasabi was not quite what I was expecting.  I also ordered the octopus sushi, my favorite, which was very fresh and tasty.  My parents got the yellowtail cut roll, tuna cut roll, and yellowtail hand roll.  They each liked the yellowtail hand roll best.  After a tip for our outgoing sushi chef, he gave us a beautifully designed and extremely fresh fruit plate with oranges, bananas, pineapple and strawberries all glazed in chocolate.

Rok Sushi offers a great happy hour Monday through Saturday from 4:30 to 6:30, as well as Sunday night after 9.  I would generally suggest only trying to go during these times, especially given the plethora of options in Hermosa Beach.  However, for the ambiance and pretty good food, I would recommend Rok Sushi.

Atmosphere: 10
Food: 7
Price: 4.5
Overall: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment