Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Big Mike's - Hermosa Beach, CA


As an east coast guy from Jersey, it goes without saying that two of my favorite foods are hoagies and cheesesteaks.  Unfortunately, though they can be found, both these items are not the most prevalent in Los Angeles.  Luckily for me, I happened to have found the best the city has to offer.  I hold no qualms when I say that Big Mike’s is my favorite food spot in LA.

I first spotted Big Mike’s while out at the bars in Hermosa Beach with my friends who live the town down.  Immediately, seeing a cheesesteak place, I was forced to try it.  The first positive was the fact that Mike’s offered whiz, making my order easy: one twelve inch whiz without.  After three minutes or so, the cheesesteak was ready.  Immediately, upon spotting it, I was giddy.  As a result, the first bite came too soon, leading me to burn my mouth.  As for the cheesesteak, it tasted like heaven.  Amazing bread mixed with an impressive portion of steak.  The cheese was ecstasy too, nice and liquidy, the  perfect complement to the meat and bread.

The menu at Big Mike’s boasts a lot of great-sounding items, but I would be remiss if I suggested that you order anything other than the cheesesteak.  Keep it up, Big Mike’s.  As of now, you boast the top cheesesteak outside of Philadelphia, coming from a very tough critic!

Food: 10
Price: 8
Wait: 9
Overall: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment