Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Mom's Burgers - Compton, CA


As a self-proclaimed food adventurer, no trip is too inconvenient for me and when my mind is set, well there is no going back.  This particular trip involved a trip one weekend to Compton for a well-reviewed burger.  I went with my friend and fellow food adventurer, Brian.  Unfortunately, we were met with bitter disappointment when Mom’s Burgers was closed (despite being a Saturday afternoon when it should have been open).  Discouraged, we trekked down to Fronk’s Restaurant (review upcoming) instead, but vowed to return to Mom’s.

A few weeks passed and then came a perfect weekend to head down.  Once again, I met up with Brian and his roommate, this time at the Compton Swap Meet, where we walked around and I found a few pieces of clothing that I needed for a great price.  Heading over to Mom’s we were enthused to find it open this time.  There was no line so we stepped right up to the window and took the advice of the cashier, ordering the Chronic Burger, which comes topped with a fried egg.  The cashier was extremely friendly, eager to chat with us, hooking us up with a combo meal and offering us a free CD and some buttons of her friend, an aspiring rapper.  The burger arrived after roughly a ten to fifteen minute wait.  With a couple condiment modifications, my burger arrived ready to be dug into.  Despite high expectations for this burger, I was pleased to say that they were met.  The patty had an excellent flavor to it, juicy with a little pepper flavor.  Everything else came together nicely, a strong blend of egg, bacon, lettuce, tomato and mustard with a touch of hot sauce.  (One of us did think that the mustard was too strong though)  After scarfing down this well-sized burger, I was feeling pretty full, yet accomplished.

This was a burger well worth the trip and a fun little excursion to The Hub City, a part of town to which I do not typically make it.  I would rate Mom’s amongst my best burgers in LA, so if you live in the city, get down there and check it out.

Food: 9
Price: 10
Service: 10
Atmosphere: 5
Overall: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment