Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Triumph Brewing Company - Princeton, NJ

One of my first haunts in Princeton, the Brew Pub has been a part of my life for 15 years ever since its opening.  As a kid, knowing the owners, I would always be asked for my advice on their ice creams.  This place is a mixture of a bar and a restaurant, with a blend of students and townsfolk frequenting it.  

I will admit, when it comes to the food, I rarely change my order from a customary burger.  The burger has a nice bun and gives a good amount of meat.  It has always been pretty tasty, and while the fries have undergone many changes, they are currently okay.

This time, however, I actually ventured out and got the wings while there for a few drinks with a friend.  The wings were decent, although a little lightly sauced.  The sauce was not bad either but it might be a bit hot for those who do not enjoy spicy food.



One thing I always loved about the Brew Pub was its great bartenders, who I always knew well and were very personable.  Unfortunately, in recent years, the bartenders have gone way downhill.  They are there, it seems, to simply pour drinks with little interaction or care for the customers.  Sitting at a high top not actually at the bar though, we had a very good server.  Despite the overall decline in service, for those who enjoy trying different types of beer, especially microbrews, I would suggest stopping by.  The spot has a great decor and is usually enjoyable.

Wings
Meat: 7
Sauce: 6
Sauce Amount: 4 (Had to ask for an extra side)
Overall: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment