Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Conte's - Princeton, NJ



Growing up in Princeton, Conte's was always the pizza place that my family frequented while I was a child.  A casual, local place, we would frequently go there following Little League games.  We would always sit at the bar to order our pizza pies.

Of late, I had noticed a slight decrease in quality of the pies at Conte's.  This led our family to not make it there as much as in the past.  However, it was nice to see our old favorite bartender Dave tending the bar upon our return.

The best thing about Conte's actually comes before the pizza.  Although many people overlook it at a pizza place, it would be unwise to do so.  I'm talking about their house salad.  It is truly delicious!  In fact, I will even go as far as saying it is easily the best salad I have ever had.  Trust me, give it a shot!

We placed an order for two large pizzas, one sausage and garlic, the other plain.  The sausage on the sausage and garlic was pretty good, but the garlic was too thick for my tastes.  Nevertheless, this was a pretty good pie.  The plain had a light seasoning on it and a good amount of cheese.   As for the bread, the crust was a thin, crunchy style crust.  Overall, the flavor of the pizza was pretty decent and I would give Conte's a generally favorable review.

Crust: 5
Cheese: 7
Sauce: 7
Overall: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment