Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Chuck's Spring Street Cafe - Princeton, NJ

Chuck’s Spring Street Café in Princeton, New Jersey


As a visitor, one would never expect Chuck's Spring Street Cafe to be one of the best restaurants in Princeton.  It is off the main streets in a little place that might otherwise resemble a boutique store.  At one point owned by one of the infamous Menendez brother, Chuck's seems to have a bit of a cult following.

While some may come in and look at the menu, trying to decide what to order, I have one simple suggestion to make....DON'T!  Sure, they may offer other items, but everyone in the know sticks to the wings.  As with all wings, the key to a great wing is a great sauce.  Ensure that the wing is fully covered in sauce in order to maximize the flavor of this delicious treat.



While some prefer an extra meaty wing, I like one that provides enough meat while making sure each bite contains a lot of sauce.  Chuck's wings do just that and believe me, the sauce is delicious.  The sauce has a good consistency and can easily be applied thoroughly to the wings.  It has a great classic buffalo flavor while offering some heat, but not being too overpowering.  While I cannot put my finger on exactly what makes this sauce so unique and special, I can tell you that it is the best sauce I have ever had and one that I always miss when away from home.

Meat: 7
Sauce: 10
Overall: 10

P.S.  I know that I have given a lot of high ratings so far but that is because I am home for a limited time and visiting my favorite spots (thus resulting in the high grades across the board).  With more experimentation, the grades will be sure to even out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment