Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lucy's Drive In - Los Angeles, CA


After reading an article on the best breakfast burritos in Los Angeles, it got me in the mood for one.  Fortunately, a number of the places were near my apartment.  My first stop was Frank’s, less than a half mile away, but it must have been closed on Sunday’s for I arrived to a locked door and sight of chairs on the tables.  I then decided to take my breakfast hunger a few miles south to Lucy’s Drive In, located on La Brea near the 10.

I opted for the drive in option, which took about 4 minutes at this cash only joint.  The prices were cheap, with my breakfast burrito checking out at $6.98 for an enormous portion.  Having been hungry all week, this was good to see.  I quickly brought the burrito home and added a bit of hot sauce, having forgotten that while ordering.  The first couple bites in and I immediately realized that this was probably the best breakfast burrito that I had ever consumed.  The egg was delicious and fluffy, unlike many breakfast burritos, which throw a less-than-cared-for egg in.  The meat was plentiful, packed with sausage and adding a little bacon in to enhance the flavor (I had ordered a combo of the two meats).  The cheese was perfectly melted, completing this delicious meal.  By the end of the meal, I was feeling quite full, struggling to finish it off, but refusing to leave any.  This was not a fleeting satisfaction either, as I did not even need a real meal the rest of the day.

Lucy’s is a place that would likely not get recognition by many of the hip LA restaurant crowd, but believe me it should.  A combination of quick, cheap, and delicious food will make me a repeat customer in the future.

Food: 9.5
Price: 8.5
Overall: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment