Search This Blog

Monday, September 5, 2011

Keens Steakhouse - New York, NY


Keens Steakhouse

If you have ever spent some time in New York, chances are you have heard of the well-known Keens Steakhouse.  I happened to be in the area following an interview near Herald Square so I met up with my Dad at this New York establishment.

The restaurant is dimly lit with a dining room and a separate room with a few tables and a bar.  We chose to sit at the bar, as they offered some bar lunch specials.  Being a famous steakhouse, the menu was rather high priced.  My Dad opted for the Miss ____, a burger without a bun, surrounded by salad.  I went the the Filet Mignon skewers, expecting a small amount of meat given its $20 price tag, but pleased that it included fries.



A short time later, out came the filet skewers, three piled together in a teepee shape.  One thing these skewers did not lack was a hefty amount of meat.  With a meat to peppers and onions ratio of about three to one, and roughly 14 ounces of meat, I could not believe what a deal I had just fallen into.  The meat was nice and tender, with enough juice to maintain the flavor.  My Dad liked his meal, but wishes he had gone with the skewers as I did, especially seeing as they were only two dollars more.  Take my advice, get to Keens on a weekday, slide into a bar stool and order the skewers.  You will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment